Thursday, August 16, 2007

Bitches and Hoes - July 8, 2006

I am going to go on a rant tangent here and it's all thanks to seeing a rap video on someone's myspace profile.....



I swear, I will never understand the popular rap industry's ideals for visuals which include, but are not limited to, "bitches and hoes" shaking their body parts in barely-there attire. I hate to call them clothes because they really aren't more than stitched rags covering breasts and crevices.I've seen the way the hawkers stand on the street, South Street for example, and ogle the girls that walk by. The girls love it too for some reason. That's how they get their attention. I personally hate it and find it disgusting.

Sometimes I just want to tell these girls...."Hey, why don't you just go out on the street butt-naked and line up in a row bent over with your asses out in the air so the guys can just stroll by and pick out which pussy he wants to stick his dick in. That's practically what's going on. Why bother wearing "clothes"? There isn't much there anyway.



The videos with the bling bling and the jacked up cars with hydraulics bouncing around too are just as irritating....CARS AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BOUNCE, YOU IDIOTS.BUY A FUCKING TRAMPOLINE IF YOU WANNA BOUNCE.It's one thing to have a diamond necklace or a ring or whatever, but the designs these rappers are choosing to put these diomonds in are just plain tacky. Why don't we just make a diamond studded grub-worm, or a giant diamond happy face, or a giant diamond pendant in the shape of the phrase "I HAVE LOTS OF MONEY AND YOU DON'T I AM SO COOL LOOK AT ME WASTE MONEY INSTEAD OF INVESTING SOME SO I CAN HAVE A FUTURE."



But the view of women in this culture is a problem because not all black women act or dress like strippers and many are very respectable and I have heard quite a few express the same opinion on the matter. It's just a shame that there isn't more "black" entertainment out there representing a less derogatory portayal of black women or on civilized lifestyles. You just can't convince me that every black American lives a life of gun-toting, drug-selling, and general stupid machismo.Growing up in Dallas, I was surrounded mostly by the hispanic community, the black community coming in a close second, so nobody better dispute my credibility regarding having a little knowledge about these cultures. My junior high school was predominantly black (about 90œ the hispanic population about 5Àfollowed by white and "other," meaning that I was one of 9 white kids in a school of 1500 along with 2 Indians, and 3 Asians. Believe me, I remember that. I also remember learning how to do the "tootsie roll" and the "butterfly" dances during "get out of class free by paying to go to a school dance in the middle of the day because the neighborhood is too dangerous for kids to have dances at night dance." I was down with O.P.P.

At any rate, sure I'm aware of the difficulties that a large number of blacks in the nation have because they are among the poorer communities and that crime is inevitable in poor communities - it is unfortunate....but if you look at the poor latino and white communities, you may notice that the latinos are very much like the blacks in regards to the women - bitches and hoes and tricks - and the whites treat the women with more respect - although I can vouch that there are quite a few trailer trash hoes out there - but they are still treated with more respect than the other races (aside from actual strippers - they don't get respect from much of anyone regardless of their personalities or backgrounds because their profession is an overwhelming derogatory symbol). Asian women don't take shit from nobody so I don't even have to go there....


What I'm getting at is that this belittling of women phenomenon is not necessary, but it is there....where did it come from? Why is it getting worse?Why is it so mainstream? The number one demographic that buys this crap is middle-class white men somewhere between the ages of 13 to 30. Hello? Does this make any sense to anyone else? Do you think they would buy it if it was a white rapper with white chicks dancing around like sluts? Is this a racial thing? What's the deal, where are all those talented black artists who have intelligent rap songs that I know are out there? I'll tell you where....they are underground, just like the good rock, jazz, blues, and every other decent musician is. The reason? Corporate pigs with the marketing bulldogs spend their money on what the middle class white kids are spending their parents' hard earned money on......you know, utter crap. I'm sorry J-Lo, but your music sucks. I 'm sorry to all you rappers out there trying to sing ballads, but you are all off key and it doesn't sound good to me to hear a gravelly-voiced tone def mother fucker trying to serenade the country. You're no Nat King Cole or Frank Sinatra. The days of quality in the mainstream are over. The nation is suffering from severe mediocrity and that really boils my blood and makes me sad for the new generations....

Make no mistake, I will be trying my best to make some new music that isn't mediocre.....even if it's only played underground.

No comments:

Post a Comment