Sunday, January 03, 2010

A Resolution I Intend to Fulfull

New Year's Resolutions for me are usually some self-improvement kind of goal, but this year, or rather last year a few weeks ago, I decided my resolution would be to finally contribute money to PBS. I've been watching them for years and now rely on them as an essential tool in my business of mommyhood and now that government has cut funding for them, I feel like a total jerk that I enjoy their programs without paying a dime for them.

Construction workers have drills and hammers and screwdrivers. They pay for their own tools if they are contractors.
Every office pays for office supplies.
I don't have TOO many arts and crafts laying around for my kids but when I need a break and I don't want my kids watching explosive seizure-inducing commercials for toys and cereals burning holes in their brains, I put on old PBS and I trust Big Bird and Cookie Monster, Clifford and Curious George to entertain them while I have a cup of coffee or take a shower.

I figure I could send a check in thanks for all those much needed cuppas and trips to the water closet.

Thank you, PBS.


2014 Update: I still haven't donated.
I'm a horrible person.

4 comments:

  1. great place to donate to indeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. All that money goes straight to Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be great to watch Curious George, i have bought tickets from
    http://ticketfront.com/event/Curious_George-tickets looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is surprising

    ReplyDelete