Thursday, February 01, 2007

"I don't know" means "Yes"

How about I am incredibly agitated tonight.

Last night I had a great time.
I called up someone who never ever goes out and basically forced them to go out with me to karaoke. I mean really, if he didn't want to go, he would have said no.....
All he said was "I don't know."
To me, that means opportunity for sales pitch....or just a bunch of pleading and phrases like "don't make me beg, it isn't in my nature."

So I said, "Where do you live? I'm picking you up now."
And he told me and he was ready to go and we both had fun.
Somebody burst my bubble just now.
Said, "Boy, you always get your way."
As if it were a bad thing to be persuasive.
Hey don't rock the boat, people say.
Fuck that shit.
I rock whatever god damned boat I want to.
What's wrong with being pushy if everyone has a good time?

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment