Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Things About Me Meme

I suppose I'll finally make good on a tag from Sheri. She's been so sweet, I just can't say no. So here goes. A list of random crap about myself. (As if it will be that hard to talk about myself. LOL)

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. Then tag 25 people, including the person who tagged you.

1. I have blue eyes...sort of...I guess they have a bit of gray and green too.

2. Like, Sheri, I also wanted to be an actress when I was a kid. But in high school I realized I was a good singer and I had lousy memorization skills so I couldn't ever remember my lines. Not unless they were set to music. Go figure.

3. I’d like to be a "real" writer. It sounds right. But where to start?

4. I have two kids.

5. I have at least 7 different kinds of tea in the house because I never know what mood I'll be in....and then of course there's the coffee...that has to be 100% Columbian.

6. I'm a food snob.

7. I eat almonds and pecans like a ravenous squirrel.

8. I still dress up for Halloween.

9. I have an ego just about the same size as Bono's, only he's better at dealing with it I think...he admits he has one and it's fine, I admit I have one and then I feel really guilty about it.

10. I hate most men's colognes. I get really irritated if I hug someone and they leave cologne smell on me when I don't like it. My husband wears Curve and I love it.

11. How someone takes there coffee is serious business. I take mine with 2 sugars and half & half....although if the coffee is good enough, I take it with sugar and a splash of cold water.

12. I read National Geographic magazine.

13. I used to install burglar alarms in apartment complexes. I was one of 2 women in the whole Dallas/Forth Worth metroplex that was in installation and repairs. It made me feel like a bad ass lol. Funny story, one guy was home when I came to install one and he actually asked me, "Are you here to announce the installers?" Like I was fucking Vanna White or something. WTF! I made sure to make a big loud production out of cutting a hole in his wall for the panel. LMAO

14. Other jobs I've had: bartender, cable/DSL (and some hardware) tech support representative, 1 hour photo lab cashier, waitress, general office temp for numerous places...and now mom. Longest job I ever held lol.

15. I have a high pitched voice and I mumble a lot.

16. I like maps.

17. I can bake some mean zucchini muffins and peanut butter blossom cookies.

18. I don't generally wear yellow gold. I prefer white gold.

19. My favorite flowers are Asiatic lilies and alstroemeria.

20. I find comedy roasts and mean slapstick (ala Jackass Kenny Rogers) hilarious.

21. I have a thing for green eyes

22. I recently discovered that music helps me write better....I've been avoiding music for a few years and I can't figure out how that happened, considering I used to do nothing but listen to music. I will try not to set aside music like that in the future as it obviously has a great impact on my spirits. It helps me focus.

23. I still retain some personality traits learned from my ex boyfriends. Weird how people have that much of an impact on your life.

24. Even though I consider myself a really good singer, I still go to karaoke bars. Although sometimes I can't help but feel like the equivalent of Emmit Smith playing in a Little League game when I do. Doh.

25. One of my irrational fears is believing I am going to blow up while driving a car whenever I see someone flick a cigarette out the window in front of me and I see it bounce under my car....I imagine it igniting my gas tank. Ack!


25 People I Am Tagging: Irish Gumbo, ChurchPunkMom, Cat (I know you don't have time for it but you can at least have the link lol), Just Me (Paige), Wild Child, RxVenomQueen (because she hasn't been around in a while and I kind of miss her), Goat and Tater, Rooked (because I think he hates me lol), and ok well I don't really know 25 blogs so that's enough for now I guess....

4 comments:

  1. You know, aside from the racier blogs I've read from the 'Rooked Reading' list, I don't have 25 blogs to tag!! And I would be afraid to know the 25 things some of them would list!!! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I don't know 25 either. You may be right about that Rooked list though lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done lots of solos in my life.. but never been to a karaoke bar.

    Great list! I'll think about doing one.. but I won't commit.. it would be WAY more interesting if I did 25 Lies About Me. heh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Thanks for doing the tag. :) It was fun getting to know you better too. I also want to take writing seriously but am like ughhh how to even start? I'm "trying" to write a novel right now. It isn't easy. I hope it gets easier...

    ReplyDelete