Thursday, December 25, 2008

I'm an Atheist but I Believe in Christmas Miracles

I may have been half-joking when I said all I want for Christmas was for my baby to sleep through the night, but for the past 3 nights, my little guy has been sleeping through the night until 5 or 6 in the morning - which is AWESOME considering he'd get up 3 times, then 2 times then finally once in the middle of the night. Although preparing for xmas the past few nights and not really going to sleep until very late, I did notice that he didn't wake up at 1am as usual. I didn't go to bed early enough to get the full enjoyment out of the new phenomenon.

Well, last night, I got a Christmas Miracle.
I went to bed around 12:30am, and my eyes didn't open until the middle of a dream where I was working for a children's magazine and my boss was Jamie Foxx. That dream was interrupted for an 8am sound of children playing - YES! So the pre-programmed coffee was already brewed and we fixed a cup. We changed some poop and pee diapers and let the children out to see the presents. We even had the video camera ready. All of this readiness was awesome. Normally this isn't the case, but we made sure to prepare. I am so thrilled it all worked out. My little angel was excited to see all the presents and my little guy was a bit hungry but it all was cool. How exciting for us as parents! It was like being little all over again. I haven't been this excited about xmas in YEARS. :) :) :) Smiles all around.

Seriously though, I have the best son in the world for getting me a decent night of sleep for Christmas. Either there is a God after all, or my son can read my thoughts. Or it's just a fantastic coincidence. Either way, this was a fabulous Christmas. from a mommy of two's point of view.

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Christmas is SO much more fun when you've got kids around, the magic is contagious. Glad for your sleepy time miracle. Hope it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete